Health Sciences: Dr. in Biological Sciences
Date of admittance: 20/09/2018
Reply: Dr. Lluís Serra Majem
PROF. DR. RAFAEL URRIALDE DE ANDRES, PhD
- Doctor in Biological Sciences from the Complutense University of Madrid. 1992.
- University Specialist in Environmental Sciences from the Complutense University of Madrid. 1991.
- Diploma in Nutrition, Postgraduate course at the School of Nutrition of the University of Granada. 2006.
Currently he is:
- Specialist in Food, Food Safety, Nutrition and Sustainability.
- Associate Professor of Plant Physiology of the Department of Genetics, Physiology and Microbiology of the Faculty of Biological Sciences of the Complutense University of Madrid.
- Honorary Collaborating Professor of Nutrition and Dietetics of the Faculty of Nursing of the University of Valladolid.
- Visiting Professor of the Faculty of Nutrition and Food, Professional School of Nutrition and Dietetics of the Women’s University of the Sacred Heart UNIFE. Lima Peru.
- Professor in different Masters of the Universities: Granada, Barcelona, Córdoba, Pablo Olavide of Seville and Complutense of Madrid.
- President of the Scientific Commission of the Spanish Society of Sports Medicine.
Previous professional activity:
- Director of Health and Nutrition of Coca-Cola Iberia 2013-2020.
- Deputy Director of Scientific and Regulatory Affairs of Coca-Cola Iberia 2006-2013.
- Puleva Food as Head of Food Safety and Nutrition from 2000 to 2006
- Union of Consumers of Spain (UCE) as Director of Food and Health.
- Citizen Magazine of the Citizen Foundation formed by 6 National Consumer Associations as Technical Director of the Magazine. From 1992 to 2000.
- Predoctoral collaborator of the Cold Institute of the Higher Council for Scientific Research, Vegetable Freezing Unit throughout the year 1991.
- Predoctoral collaborator in the Chair of Plant Physiology of the Faculty of Sciences Biology of the Complutense University of Madrid. From 1986 to 1992.
Other professional merits:
- Corresponding Academician of the Royal European Academy of Doctors.
- Honorary Food Member of the General Council of Official Colleges of Pharmacists.
- Member of the Sports Nutrition Group of the Spanish Association of Sports Medicine AMEDE_FEMEDE.
- He belongs to different scientific societies, institutions or research institutes in the field of food, food safety, nutrition and dietetics: Spanish Society of Community Nutrition (SENC); Spanish Nutrition Society (SEÑ); of the Spanish Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, AEDN; Spanish Society for Food Safety and Quality, SESAL; Spanish Society of Sports Medicine-Spanish Federation of Sports Medina, AMEDE_FEMEDE; Board of Trustees of the Spanish Nutrition Foundation (FEN).
- Author of more than 40 scientific publications, 10 chapters in scientific-technical reference books.
- More than 100 presentations at training activities and conferences in the field of food science and technology, food safety and nutrition, and nutritional education and information.
- Co-director of 2 doctoral theses and director of several Final Master’s Projects and Final Degree Projects at the San Pablo CEU University of Madrid, the Complutense University of Madrid and the University of Granada.