José M.ª Serra i Renom
Professor of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgey at the International University of Catalonia
Full academician of the Royal European Academy of Doctors-Barcelona 1914 (RAED)
How about a series of good news about the pandemic? Let’s review a few:
- China has closed its latest coronavirus hospital. There aren’t enough new cases to support it.
- Indian doctors have been successful in treating the coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir together with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest the same medicine, worldwide.
- The researchers from the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against the coronavirus.
- A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has fully recovered from Covid-19 after being treated for six days in Wuhan, China.
- Apple reopens 42 stores in China.
- The Cleveland Clinic has developed a Covid-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.
- Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is decreasing.
- Italy is very affected, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.
- Israel scientists are likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.
- Three Maryland coronavirus patients have fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.
- A network of Canadian scientists is making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.
- A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and the National University of Singapore.
- The seven patients who were being treated at Safdarjung Hospital in New Delhi have recovered.
- Plasma from newly recovered Covid-19 patients can treat others infected with Covid-19.
So it’s not all bad news. Let’s take care of each other and stay focused on the safety of the most vulnerable.