Experimental Sciences: Doctor in Philosophy and Letters
Date of admittance: 02/05/2017
Admission speech: Darwin, Wallace y la biología del desarrollo evolutiva
Speech in reply: Dr. Felio Vilarrubias Guillamet
CURRICULUM SUMMARY OF DANIEL TURBÓN – 2017
– Professor of Physical Anthropology at the Faculty of Biology of the University of Barcelona.
Main field of teaching: Human Evolution.
– Academic Number of the Royal European Academy of Doctors (RAED).
– Professor Emeritus of the UB (effects of October 1, 2017)
RECOGNIZED ACTIVITY TEACHER AND RESEARCHER
– Fifteen three years as an official. 46 years of service in Teaching Corps of the State.
– Adjunct Professor of Bachelor’s Degree.
– Favorable evaluation of seven five-year periods of Teaching Activity by the Commission for Control and Evaluation of Teaching Staff of the University of Barcelona.
– Favorable evaluation of five six-year research activity by the Evaluation Commission of Scientific Evaluation of the Ministry of Education and Science.
MERIT OF TEACHING
– Creation and delivery of more than 8 Bachelor, Master, and Doctorate subjects. He has taught Human Evolution for 33 consecutive years (since 1983-84) at the UB.
– Author of the university manual LA EVOLUCIÓN HUMANA, edited by Ariel (2006).
– Prof. Guest in various Universities and Congresses, national and international.
– Coordinator of the GIDC (Grup d’Innovació de la Docència Consolidat) GIDCUB-13/136. Biology and Culture: Human Diversity i Evolució, from the University of Barcelona (2013-15). Evaluated and Renewed in 2016, GINDO-UB / 136.
– He has directed Research Projects of the MEC, seven of them of Molecular Biology (1989-2011).
– FIVE LAST YEARS: 5 Doctoral Theses defended and qualified with Apto cum laude unanimously (UB) and 2 in the implementation phase. 6 Master’s works. 5 Final Degree Projects (two in 2011-12 and three in 2012-13).
– PUBLICATIONS (since 1977). More than 240 scientific publications among books, book chapters and articles in Spanish and foreign journals. More than 100 Communications and Posters presented at national and international Congresses.
– 14 Impact Publications (JCR) in the last 5 years. Average: 2.8 JCRs publications per year.
– Distinguished by the Fundació Catalana per a la Recerca and General Directorate of Prensa Catalana SA. (AVUI) as one of the 100 Catalan Scientists at the beginning of the 21st century (ISBN 84-89570-16-7).
– 4 written congratulations from the Rector of the UB. 2011-2012 for research and congress merits; in 2017 for admission to the Royal European Academy of Doctors (RAED).
– Coordinator of the aforementioned subjects.
– General Secretary of the Spanish Society of Physical Anthropology (SEAF) (1999-2003) and Editor of the Society’s Magazine.
– Member of the Scientific Council of the Cueva de Nerja Foundation Institute, Malaga (2002-2007).
– President of the Organizing Committee of the following International Colloquiums:
1. The Dawn of Humanity: human walking, ecology, behavior (UNESCO). Barcelona October / November 1999. University of Barcelona and Fundació ‘La Caixa’.
2. Human Molecular Evolution (UNESCO). April 2001.U. of Barcelona and Fundació ‘La Caixa’.
3. Paleoecology of Human Evolution (UNESCO). May 2002. U. de Barcelona and Fundació ‘La Caixa’.
4. The Evolution of the Human Brain and the Origin of the Spoken Language (UNESCO). November 2002. U. de Barcelona and Fundació ‘La Caixa’.
– Director of the blog Origin and Evolution of Life of the magazine Investigación y Ciencia (2008-2011).
– Director of the blog Origin and Origin and evolution of Man in the magazine Investigación y Ciencia (2011-2013).