Health Sciences: Dr. in Medicine and Surgery
Date of admittance: 23/02/2017
Reply: Dr. Pedro Clarós
Consultant and Chief of Thoracic Surgery
Thorax Institute, Hospital Clínic
Sagrat Cor University Hospital
Associate Professor of Surgery
University of Barcelona
Villarroel 170, Escala 3, Planta 2
08036 Barcelona, Spain
A – EDUCATION:
– Medical School, University of Barcelona (1974-1981).
– Intern Student in Vascular Surgery and Urology Red Cross Hospital, University of Barcelona (1975-1980)
-Visiting Medical Student, Surgical Pathology, Mayo Medical School, Rochester, Mn, USA (Sept 1980-Feb 1981)
– Certification in General Surgery; Ministry of Health of Spain (1987).
– Doctor in Medicine & Surgery, “Cum Laude”; University of Barcelona (1991).
– Continuing Medical Education; College of Physicians of Barcelona, (since 1993).
– Recognition to Practise in Medicine & Surgery in the European Community (since 1994).
– Certification in Thoracic Surgery; Ministry of Health of Spain (2001)
– Fellow of the European Board of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery –FEBTS- (2001)
B – SURGICAL TRAINING: General & Thoracic Surgical Training;
1- Red Cross Hospital (Barcelona, Spain) (1982-1986);
2- Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Mn, USA), New England Deaconess Hospital (Boston, Mass, USA); Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, Mass, USA), (1986-1987).
C – HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS:
– Staff, General and Thoracic Surgery, Red Cross Hospital, Barcelona, Spain (1988-1989).
– Staff, Thoracic Surgery; Sagrat Cor Hospital, University of Barcelona (1990-1993).
– Clinical Chief, Thoracic Surgery; Sagrat Cor Hospital, University of Barcelona (1994-1999).
– Director, Thoracic Surgery; Sagrat Cor Hospital., University of Barcelona (2000-today)
– Chief, Thoracic Surgery, Thorax Institute, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona (March 2010-today)
D – ACADEMIC APPOINTMENTS:
1- Pregraduate Clinical Teaching of Medicine and Surgery; University of Barcelona (1988-1995).
2- Associate Professor of Surgery (Thoracic Surgery); University of Barcelona (1995-today).
3- Member of the Educational Committee, Department of Surgical Specialties, University of Barcelona (1999-today)
4- Visiting Professor; University of Coimbra, Portugal (1994); Luxembourg (1995); La Coruña, Spain (1997); Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain (1998); Pamplona, Spain (2001), Harvard Medical School (2009).
5- Professor of the Master in Respiratory Diseases, Barcelona University, 2007-2016.
E – OTHER
1- Director of External Relations (2010-2011), President (2008-2009), President Elect (2007-2008), Regent (2005-2007), Council Member (1995-1997) and Founder (1993) of the European Society of Thoracic Surgeons, ESTS
2- Member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS), member of the Workforce on International Relationships (2010-2013-2016); American Association of Thoracic Surgery (AATS), European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgery (EACTS), Internacional Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC), Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgical Interest Group (MITSIG), European Respiratory Society (ERS), Chair Group 08.01 (2013-2016) and other 9 National and International Scientific Societies.
3- Co-President of the 11th World Congress on Lung Cancer (IASLC) in July 2005
4- Director of the International Meeting on General Thoracic Surgery in 8 editions (1992-2015) www.thoracicsurgery2015.org
5- Reviewer of the European Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Archivos de Bronconeumología, Journal of Thoracic Oncology, Annals of Oncology; Journal of Surgical Oncology
6- Presentation and publications:
– 450 presentations in National and International Meetings.
– 125 publications in National and International Journal
– ESTS Quality Certification for both Thoracic Surgery Services Hospital Clinic & Sagrat Cor (2010)