Social Sciences: Dr. in Economics and Business Sciences
Date of admittance: 08/11/2016
Admission Speech: Incertidumbre y neurociencias: pilares en la adopción de decisiones
Speech in reply: Dr. Jaime Gil Aluja
- PERSONAL DATA:
Surname and name: Bachs Ferrer, Jorge
Birth: 29.XI.1961 Location: Barcelona
Current category as a teacher:
Holder of a part-time University of Financial Economics and Accounting.
Owner’s number: 43393229 57 A0504
Department or current teaching unit:
Dept. of Economics and Business Organization.
Current School or School:
Faculty of Economics and Business of the Central University of Barcelona.
- ACADEMIC TITLES
- Bachelor of Economics and Business Sciences: Actuarial specialty and financial company
Ministry of Education and Science of Spain.
University of Barcelona. Issued on October 27, 1986.
- Title of Insurance Actuary
Ministry of Education and Science of Spain. University of Barcelona.
Issued on October 27, 1986.
- Doctor in Economic and Business Sciences.
Faculty of Economic and Business Sciences of the University of Barcelona.
Title of the Thesis: “Commercial Management: Decision-making in an environment of uncertainty”.
Court: Ilmos. Mr. University professors: Dr. D. Fernando Casado Juan; Dr. Enrique Martín Armario; Dr. D. Camilo Prado Freire; Dr. D. Didac Ramírez Sarrión; Dr. Emilio Soldevilla García.
Suitable “CUM LAUDE” unanimously. Barcelona, May 25, 1993.
- Post- Graduate in Financial and Stock Market Management.
Institute of Public Economics and Cooperatives – Faculty of Law of Barcelona. Barcelona, January 30, 1988
- Superior technician in occupational risk prevention. Ergonomics specialty
Gaudí Institute of Construction. Barcelona, June 2000
- Master in Town Planning and Real Estate
Autonomous University of Barcelona. Bellaterra, June 2001
- Senior Management Program in Healthcare Institutions
University of Navarra – IESE May 2009
- TEACHING ACTIVITY PERFORMED
- Mathematics for economists
- Business economics: The company
- Operational Research and Systems Analysis
- Business economics: The company
- Management of the financial company
- Operational Management Techniques
- Investment projects analysis.
- Information Systems for Management
- Business Management Techniques and
- Professor of the Master in Applied Business Management and Knowledge Transfer in Biomedicine and Health Biotechnology
- Book: Management and Finance of developer companies – builders
Co-author with Montserrat Casanovas Ramón Editorial Deusto. 1998 (3rd edition 2001)
- Book: Internet, e-commerce and business plan.
Co-author with Pilar López-Jurado and Mariano Yañez Editorial Deusto 2001
- Book – Notes: Management of the Financial Company.
Editorial Center of Reprography. Faculty of Economic Sciences of the Central University of Barcelona 1997
- Book: Finance: Basic Concepts.
Editorial Center of Reprography. Faculty of Economic Sciences of the Central University of Barcelona 2002
- Book: Elements for a theory of decision in uncertainty.
Coauthor of the translation into Spanish Editorial Kluwer Academic Publishers 1999
- Teaching text: Practical Guide of Operative Techniques of Management (Theory and practice)
Coordinator and co-author
ISBN 978 84 475 3353 4 Legal Deposit B 14196 2009-11
- ACTIVITY IN COMPANIES.
- June 1986 – January 1990
Actuary in the Zurich Insurance Group; performing the functions of Product Manager of diverse branches, Director of products and Marketing of the Zurich Group (Zurich, Vita, Hispania, Caudal and Uniber).
- January 1990 – March 1992
Head of the General Services Department of the Barcelona Trade Fair; performing the executive function of the operative areas of the organization (accounting, finance, works, studies, IT and purchasing). Director of the Caravaning and Nautical salons in the edition of 1.991. Member of the Management Committee of the FAIR
- January 1992 – March 1995
Responsible for the Commercial Management and Deputy to the General Management of the insurance company Deutsche Bank Vida and the brokerage of various insurance branches. Insurance implantation of the company in the Spanish territory, creation of distribution channels and special products for large companies and groups.
During the celebration of the Olympic Games in Barcelona: Deputy Director of the Castelldefels Olympic Canal
- March 1995 -October 2007
Manager of the Association of Building Builders Promoters of Barcelona and Catalunya. Entity that groups more than 800 real estate groups. Developing the lobbying tasks of an association and services to its associates: Studies, labor, fiscal, urban, etc. insurance brokerage specific construction.
Member of the Governing Board of the National Association of Promoters-Builders. Member of the negotiation committee of the Collective Agreement of the Construction.
- October 2007 – May 2008
Professor of financial economics and accounting.
Visiting professor at the University of San Ignacio de Loyola in Lima (PERU). Visiting Professor at the University of Navarra
Business consultant May 2008 – present
Managing Director of the Private Foundation of the Hospital of San Pablo in Barcelona.
Areas of action: Health Management and Research, Social Action Programs, Real Estate Promotion, Hospital Building and Research Institute, Patrimonial Management, Biomedical Research, Historical Heritage Recovery and Large-scale Cultural Management.