Health Sciences: Doctor in Medicine and Surgery, Doctor in Pharmacy, Doctor in Basic and Applied Neuroscience
Date of admittance: 17/03/2015
Admission Speech: Implante coclear “el oído biónico”
Reply: Dr. Joaquín Barraquer Moner
- Born in Barcelona, Spain. December 23, 1948. Dual Citizenship. Spanish and Panamanian.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Barcelona (Spain, 1972) with Honours.
- Residency in Otorhinolaryngology and Maxillo-Facial Surgery in Saint Charles Hospital, University of
Montpellier (France) (1973-1977).
- Specialist in Otorhinolaryngology. Spain Ministry of Education and Science (1977).
- Doctor of Medicine and Surgery with distinction “Cum Laude” Barcelona University (Spain) (1975).
- Doctor of Pharmacy with distinction “Cum Laude” Barcelona University (Spain) (2018).
- Doctor of Neurosciences with distinction “Cum Laude”. CJC University. Madrid (Spain) (2019).
- Doctoral on History & Humanities. International University of Catalonia. Barcelona (Spain) (2018-2020).
- Post graduate Training in ENT and Facial Plastic Surgery in France (Paris, Bordeaux), U.S.A.(Mayo Clinic
(Rochester), Northwestern University (Chicago), Switzerland (Saint Gallen) and Canada (Toronto).
- Chairman of the ENT Department at University Hospital of Sant Joan de Déu in Barcelona (Spain) from 1981
to December 2010.
- Head Consultant of the ENT and MaxiIlo-Facial Surgery Department at the Hospital Del Niño Dios, Barcelona
(Spain) since 1990.
- Has organized more than 300 courses on several areas of ENT. Specially in Temporal Bone Dissection;
Facial Plastic Surgery, ENT tumours, larynx and laser, voice pathologies as well as cochlear implants in
Spain and abroad.
- Has published more than 240 articles in national and international medical journals and several books, as well
as contributed chapters in medical-surgical books.
- Numerary member of the Academy of Doctors of the University District Barcelona (1976).
- Honorary member of several National and International medical societies. American Academy of Cosmetic
Surgery. American Society of Head and Neck, ORL Society of Ecuador, ORL Society of Brazil, ORL Society
of Sudan, ORL Society of Portugal (2007), University of Coimbra in Portugal and of the Société Sénégalaise
d’Otorhinolaryngologie et Chirurgie Cervico-faciale (2007).
- Vice President of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery (1983).
- ENT Professor of the Portmann Fundation at the University of Bourdaux (France). 1987
- Founder Member of the European Academy of Otology and Neuro-Otology. (1996)
- “Professorem Honorificum” of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Iasi (Rumania 1997).
- Honorship Member and Professor of the Brazilian Otorrinolaryngology Society. (1997)
- “Doctor Honoris Causa” of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Iasi (Rumania) (1999).
- Visiting Professor at the “State Medical and Pharmaceutical University Nicolae Testemitsanu of Chisinau,
- Editorial board member of several international medical ENT journals.
- Jury Member of different Doctorate Theses. National and International.
- Professor of Socrates, Erasmus International Program
- Distinguished Visitor of the City of Lima (Peru) by the Major of Lima.
- Co-Director of Clínica Clarós (1987), ENT Facial Plastic Surgery medical centre, and Cochlear Implant Centre
in Barcelona (Spain), with more than 1500 cochlear implants and middle ear implants.
- Co-Director of the Dental Clínica Clarós Barcelona and Dental Clínica Clarós Viladecans.
- Honorary Member of the Royal Medical Services. Amman, Jordan. 2002.
- Honorary Medal Member of the University of Yerevan in Armenia. September 2013.
- Has been invited to perform cochlear implant surgery in Italy, Sicily, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Brazil, India,
Egypt, Cuba, Jordan, Senegal, Morocco, Libya, Serbia, Iraq, Sudan, Iran and in other cities of Spain.
- President of the Clarós Foundation (2000). “Fight Against Profound deafness”. Has conducted 90
humanitarian projects in Cameroon, Ethiopia, Gabon, Liberia, Senegal, India, Kenya, Moldavia, Rumania,
Democratic Republic of Congo, Gambia and Republic of Cape Verde.
- Accredited by the Spain Ministry of Health and Consumer Affairs to practice in European countries.
- Correspondent Academician Member of the Royal Academy of Medicine of Catalonia. 2015.
- Numerary Academician of the Royal European Academy of Doctors. 2015.
- Honorary Member of the European Doctor Council. CONSEDOC. December 2015.
- Honorary Professor of ENT of Mekelle University, Mekelle (Etiopía) 2015
- Honorary Professor of ENT of Geetanjali University of Medical Sciences, Udaipur (India) 2016.
- Great Cross for Humanitarian Merit. Catalonian Government and Ministry of Interior, Spain (2017).
- Gold Cross for Medical Merit. Academia de Ciencias de la Salud Ramón y Cajal. Madrid (2018).
- European Medal Cross. European Development Foundation. Spain (2019).
Updated: March 2019